Artist Relations Manager
Role Closed as of 12/8/2022
MAX is the tech company powering your favorite brand x music partnerships. Backed by tech VCs and built by a team of data scientists, engineers, music pros, and digital media experts, MAX is breaking new ground—powering partnerships for top brands like Ford, Rocket Mortgage, McDonald’s, Lexus, U.S. Marine Corps, Honda, etc. and supporting a growing portfolio of breakthrough artists (e.g. Kane Brown, Mau Y Ricky, Jon Batiste, Hayley Kiyoko, Lauren Alaina, AJR, and more).
As the platform powering music and brand partnerships, Music Audience Exchange (MAX) is seeking a passionate and entrepreneurial minded individual who is obsessed with both music and advertising, to fill the role of Artist Relations Manager. Whether you’ve spent your career in the music industry or in marketing/advertising, this unique intersection could be the role you’ve been dreaming of, with the company producing the content with the artists you already love!
This position requires direct negotiation with record labels, talent agencies, management teams, and self-managed artists across the country to secure artists for brand partnerships with our clients. This role sits at the core of MAX, and the AR Manager will be expected to collaborate with multiple teams to ensure the successful execution of unique digital media programs.
- Identify and negotiate artists for partnerships with our roster of brand clients
- Draft legal contracts
- Secure music rights for digital media campaigns
- Coordinate logistics for video productions
- Maintain a consistent level of account management for upcoming and current campaigns
- Arrange and oversee PR opportunities with artists
- Coordinate & advance experiential activations at live concerts
QualificationsThe skills required to be considered for this position include:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and problem solve quickly
- Ability to meet deadlines & achieve goals in autonomous work environment
- Must be willing to travel on occasion
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ years of experience within the music or advertising industry; direct experience in music or talent brand partnerships, A&R, live music or music marketing preferred
- Previous experience working close to legal contracts
- Knowledge in music licensing a plus
- Digital marketing and/or PR knowledge a plus
- Fluent in Spanish a plus